Adding New Function to an existing module

Hi,
I am trying to add a function to detect edges in the enhances edge module. I am not able to find the exact procedure to do so. It would be kind of you if you could direct me to the correct information to understand the steps.

Thank you very much!

You can download the source code and make any modifications you want on your own branch from github- a help guide for that is here. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your reply. I have downloaded the source code for cell profiler and I am trying to add my own edge detection method to your module EnhanceEdges. Could you please tell me how to verify the seatings once I have saved the python code? I am stuck with how to check the new added method.

Once you create your modified module, you can either a) save the .py file with a new name, move it into CP’s “plugins directory” (the location of which is set in Preferences) and run it as a plugin or b) compile CP from source code (directions are on GitHub) and run your branch.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have added the function in the enhance edge module and saved the python file with the same name as it was previously. What shall be done next? Could you direct me to the exact location of instructions to how to run Cell profiler with new settings? Thanks a lot.

I don’t think there is a manual for that at the moment- there was, but it seems it may have been erased in error. I would save the file as a DIFFERENT name and put it in the plugins folder. That should be all you need to do.

Thank you very much for your reply. I will work on it.