CellProfiler Analyst 2.0 FAQ

This thread lists some of more commonly asked questions we come across in the forum. Feel free to add requests to this thread if you think of a general question that would be broadly applicable to many users!

"I’m getting a missing MSVCP71.DLL error when starting CellProfiler Analyst"

This error seems to occur only on Windows 7 computers. Download the attached ZIP file and copy the DLL file to your C:\Windows\System32 folder, then restart CellProfiler Analyst.
msvcp71.zip (129 KB)

Dear Mark,

I have just started using CellProfiler and have been trying to install CellProfiler Analyst. I have tried putting the attached .dll file into the Windows System32 folder as suggested, restarted the computer and tried to start Analyst, but I keep getting the same message. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit. Any ideas?

I have no idea what I’m doing yet, but CellProfiler looks great! :smiley:

Thanks,

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

Try the suggestion here, and let us know if it works. If so, we’ll update the FAQ accordingly.

Regards,
-Mark

I love the software so much. Thanks!!

My question are:

1. For the scatterplot, Could i edit the unit scale showed in the axis? For example, if there are 12 units between 0 to 12 on the x-axis. Could I edit the plot to just show 6 unit marks between 0-12?

2. On the scatterplot, after I select a few cells and then click " show images in selection", my input image ( the whole picture with ~1000cells ) pops up. However, I don’t know where are the selected. Could you advise me how to locate the selected cell on the input image.

Thanks for your time developing software and answering question
Victor