Cells distribution inside wells

Hi people,
I’m brand new with cell profiler. I just started to use it last week. I have Cell Voyager 600 images. The images are annotated with plate, well, and field name. The CP analyst gives me the total cell number per image. I would like to have the total number per well and per field as well. I’m using PBMCs and interested to study cell distribution inside the well after seeding.

Hi Ahmed -

Thanks for giving CellProfiler and CellProfiler Analyst a try! I highly recommend that you visit our “Before Posting: Tips page” (link below). This will optimize your post so that we can best assist you.

All the best,

Hi Ahmed,

Open your CPA properties file and look at the section called (Dynamic) Groups. You’d need something like this (which you can also specify in ExportToDatabase so you don;t need to edit the properties file)

group_SQL_Well = SELECT Per_Image_Table.TableNumber, Per_Image_Table.ImageNumber, Per_Image_Table.well FROM Per_Image_Table

Hope that helps, but otherwise like Alison says, please post more info here like the pipeline file, properties file, etc.

Hi David
Thanks for your reply. I will have a look and let know.

Hi David,
Its working. Now I have my cells number per well!