Confirm Intensity Value Representations

pixel
intensity

I’ve found a number of posts asking about object intensity and what mean, median and max represents on the MeasureObjectIntensity module.

Can I get confirmation that my interpretation below is correct?

Intensity_MeanIntensity = Mean pixel intensity (0-1.0) across all pixels in the object

Intensity_MaxIntensity = The maximum pixel intensity value within an object

Intensity_MedianIntensity = The median pixel intensity value found within an object

Intensity_IntegratedIntensity = The sum of all the pixel intensity values within an object (>1 because it is the sum of all 0-1.0 pixel values)

I believe the below post explains MADIntensity

Thanks!

Yes, those are correct. The help for the MeasureObjectIntensity module defines these as well as all the other measurements (and I’ve posted below); if there are particular ones you have questions about please let us know, we can update the definitions so that they’re clearer in the future.

IntegratedIntensity: The sum of the pixel intensities within an object. 

MeanIntensity: The average pixel intensity within an object. 

StdIntensity: The standard deviation of the pixel intensities within an object. 

MaxIntensity: The maximal pixel intensity within an object. 

MinIntensity: The minimal pixel intensity within an object. 

IntegratedIntensityEdge: The sum of the edge pixel intensities of an object. 

MeanIntensityEdge: The average edge pixel intensity of an object. 

StdIntensityEdge: The standard deviation of the edge pixel intensities of an object. 

MaxIntensityEdge: The maximal edge pixel intensity of an object. 

MinIntensityEdge: The minimal edge pixel intensity of an object. 

MassDisplacement: The distance between the centers of gravity in the gray-level representation of the object and the binary representation of the object. 

LowerQuartileIntensity: The intensity value of the pixel for which 25% of the pixels in the object have lower values. 

MedianIntensity: The median intensity value within the object 

MADIntensity: The median absolute deviation (MAD) value of the intensities within the object. The MAD is defined as the median(|xi - median(x)|). 

UpperQuartileIntensity: The intensity value of the pixel for which 75% of the pixels in the object have lower values. 

Location_CenterMassIntensity_X, Location_CenterMassIntensity_Y: The pixel (X,Y) coordinates of the intensity weighted centroid (= center of mass = first moment) of all pixels within the object. 

Location_MaxIntensity_X, Location_MaxIntensity_Y: The pixel (X,Y) coordinates of the pixel with the maximum intensity within the object.