Crash during edit objects manually test - exception in CellProfiler core processing

I am running cell profiler 2.2 on Yosemite 10.10.5- I am trying to manually edit objects that are automatically identified as primary objects in the previous module. In test mode, I can select the objects by right clicking, and I can split the objects using the S key- but every single time I split the first object I get an error “Encountered error while processing. Exception in CellProfiler core processing.” I occasionally get errors like this in other steps in test mode, but I can normally click “continue processing” and they disappear, or I can “X” out of the pipeline error window and try again. In this scenario though, every time I try and manually split the object I get that error, and I am unable to close the error box, send an error report, or continue analyzing. The program does not appear to be fully frozen (I can still move the windows around, though many of the commands in the file bar at the top are greyed out), and the only way I’ve found to get out of it is to force quit the program. Thoughts appreciated!

Can you give us more information about the error, or ideally submit it as an issue here? Thanks!

I’m trying to use the worm toolbox and have (I think) the same error. Did you ever manage to resolve this?
I’m placing the first point, which it accepts, the second point, which it doesn’t as it keeps asking for the second point, although it does place additional anchor points to produce the break.

The error I get is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “matplotlib\backends\backend_wx.pyc”, line 1068, in _onLeftButtonDown
File “matplotlib\backend_bases.pyc”, line 1903, in button_press_event
File “matplotlib\cbook.pyc”, line 562, in process
File “matplotlib\cbook.pyc”, line 429, in call
File “cellprofiler\gui\editobjectsdlg.pyc”, line 865, in on_click
File “cellprofiler\gui\editobjectsdlg.pyc”, line 1648, in on_split_second_click
File “cellprofiler\gui\editobjectsdlg.pyc”, line 1447, in exit_split_mode
File “cellprofiler\gui\editobjectsdlg.pyc”, line 1191, in update_artists
File “matplotlib\backends\backend_agg.pyc”, line 461, in restore_region
File “matplotlib\backends\backend_agg.pyc”, line 366, in restore_region
TypeError: must be matplotlib.backends._backend_agg.BufferRegion, not None

Sorry, I could never fix it and I didn’t see any response to my report. Sorry I can’t be more helpful!

Hi,
Can you give us more information on what CP version you’re using, what OS, and upload the pipeline, worm model if needed, and images to reproduce the issue? Thanks!