Problem compiling CPCluster

Hi,

it seems i have a problem compiling CPCluster.

i use MatLab 7.4.0 (R2007a) on Suse Linux 10.1 (i586) and BuildCellProfiler.m for compiliation (i had to remove the ‘-C’ option from the mcc, because this version of MatLab did not know it).

everything compiles fine, however when I try to run it on our cluster i get the following error message:

/g/screening/tischer/software/CompiledCPCluster2/MCR/v76/runtime/glnx86/…/…/sys/os/glnx86/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0’ not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)

any ideas what this means?

and, may I ask which MatLab Version and which kind of Linux you use to compile CPCluster?
i ask, because the compiled version that I downloaded from your web-site does in fact work on our Linux cluster!

Kind regards,
Christian

Hi Christian,

Here are the specs for our Linux cluster, as reported by Matlab’s ‘ver’ command:

[quote]MATLAB Version 7.6.0.324 (R2008a)
Operating System: Linux 2.6.16.21-0.25-smp #1 SMP Tue Sep 19 07:26:15 UTC 2006 x86_64[/quote]

The ‘gcc --version’ command reports

I suspect that using gcc 4.3.0 might solve your problem.

We are using the dotkit packages on our login servers and cluster to select the particular gcc version. E.g., my .bashrc file includes this line:

Hope this helps.
David

thanks for your reply!

in fact, the problem was that I did “unzip” the MCC files within Windows and then moved them to the Linux machine, which resulted in corrupted files.
“unzipping” directly on the Linux machine solved the problem.

thanks,
Christian.