Problems loading module or pipeline

Hello,

I have installed the latest version of CP and tried to load modules or sample pipelines but it didn’t work.

here is the error message:

Undefined function or variable ‘ModuleNameDotm’.
Error in ==> CellProfiler>AddModule_Callback at 5262

Error in ==> CellProfiler>gui_mainfcn at 9364

Error in ==> CellProfiler at 64

Error using ==> waitfor
Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

what am i doing wrong?

thanx for the help, Raphael

forgot to say that i’m using MacOSX…

Hi Raphael,

Please make sure that you are using the newest version of CellProfiler (we had a new release last week) and also followed the instructions on the install page. I have just confirmed that the web version is running correctly on both Mac OS X 10.4.5 and 10.3.9. If the new version does not correct your problem, please report your Mac OS X version.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I’ve got it started. It seems that i didn’t set the preferences right. sorry for bothering.

Thanks, Raphael

I have been using the Mac CP version at work and have now installed the Windows CP version due to some mac hardware problems and I cannot seem to figure out what the problem is. I have read the installation instructions and have all of the files in the same folder, but continue to have the same problem.

When trying to load a previously used pipline or one of the examples from the website the error message I get is:

“the LoadImages module could not be found in the directory specified. You will be able to see the module’s saved settings, but it is suggested that CellProfiler be shut down since the stored settings are now corrupt”

Any assistance you can provide to get me up and running on my PC would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Chris Roden

Hi Chris,

The files should not all be in the same folder, their should only be CellProfiler.m in the main folder and then a folder called “Modules” which has all the module .txt files. If you look at the folder which contains CellProfiler.m and it has all of the .txt files, then move those files into /Modules folder, go to Set Preferences, and make sure you have the Modules folder pointing to the right location. The compiled versions on the web definitely contain the LoadImages module, since this is probably the most used module in our arsenal. I have seen some programs (such as Winzip) which like to unzip all of the files into one messy folder if told to do so. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Regards,
Mike