The ilastik team wants to grow and is looking for a new Python developer! We are located in Heidelberg, Germany, at the EMBL.
Here is what you would do:
- Improve the integration of ilastik with other popular tools (ImageJ, Knime, CellProfiler, etc)
- Simplify the development of new workflows and flatten the learning curve for outside contributors
- Support and expand the user and developer community (together with rest of the team)
- Further develop the core of ilastik to extend truly interactive processing to larger datasets and more complex workflows
- Integrate new algorithms developed in the group into ilastik to make them accessible to life scientists
Here is what we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of Python, especially its numerical libraries
- Working knowledge of C++, pybind11 or other tools for Python/C++ bridging
- Experience with standard development tools: git, conda, cmake, continuous integration tools
- Fluent English, oral and written
More details about the position and the application process can be found here.