Trouble with 3.0.0 startup MacOS

After download and installation, CP 3.0.0 notifies me of ‘unidentified developer’, which is to be expected, however I am unable to allow app to open through ‘system preferences>privacy and security>general’ as is fairly standard when opening applications through unidentified developers. The icon appears in the quick tool bar at at the bottom of the screen, but then rapidly disappears. CP 3.0.0 is fully downloaded onto the OS at this point but will not open.

I have gotten the same results on my PI’s computer as well as an apple tech support getting the same results on his end when I spoke to him on the phone to see if there was another way to allow the app to open. All he could suggest was there there may be an issue with the program itself.

I am not sure what the problem is, has anyone else experienced this or had this issue?

Thanks so much!

Hi, can you try to Control + Right click >> then “Open” >> then open again when a pop-up window appears.

I also suspect you should first (re)install Java SE Development Kit 8u161, can be found here

Bests

Hello
I installed jdk-9.0.4_osx-x64_bin.dmg and CellProfiler-3.0.0.dmg on macOS 10.12.6
CellProfiler installs correctly but can not run.
It appears in the dock and then disappears without an error message :frowning:

Hi, can you try the jdk 8u161 Minh posted above? I don’t believe CP works with Java 9.

Thank you for the reply! unfortunately I have tried that a few times and it is the same issue that user typtop21 is having…

Can (each of) you please run this in your terminal and post the output? Thanks!
java -version

Last login: Mon Jan 22 09:59:56 on ttys000
Michaels-MacBook-Air:~ michaelcradeur$ java -version
java version "9.0.4"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.4+11)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.4+11, mixed mode)
Michaels-MacBook-Air:~ michaelcradeur$

Yeah, as I posted above, CP3.0.0 doesn’t work with Java 9. Is it possible for you to roll back to Java 8?

Echo Beth,

You may want to follow this discussion to uninstall Java 9 probably